Employer: San Francisco Education Fund
Job Title: Executive Assistant
Type: Part time – 15 hours per week
Location: San Francisco, CA
Join a passionate team dedicated to improving San Francisco public schools. The Executive Assistant position offers an opportunity to further our impact in schools and contribute as a key member of the Education Fund’s team.
The San Francisco Education Fund envisions a world where our public schools are as renowned as our City. San Franciscans, known for their ingenuity, innovation and passion, partner with the Education Fund to help all of our students succeed. We know that success in life requires either a college or vocational certificate. In fact, research says that in San Francisco, adults without a college degree are four times more likely to make too little money to support a family.
As a result, the Education Fund’s mission is to harnesses the power of the community to equip every public school student, with the skills to succeed in college, career, and civic responsibility. We analyze data to target resources where they are needed most, engage volunteers in classrooms and provide grants to educators, to build a bright future for our City and its young people. We focus the community resources – volunteer time and money—most intensively around three critical milestones on the path to college:
- Students reading proficiently by the third grade
- Students successfully completing algebra by the eighth grade
- Students prepared for and with a plan for college and career
Additional information can be found at www.sfedfund.org.
The Education Fund seeks a bright, enthusiastic individual to provide administrative support to the executive office, programmatic, and fundraising tasks of the organization. This individual will interface Education Fund staff as well as a wide variety of volunteers and donors. In addition, this individual is responsible the executive office functions and overall administrative support for the organization. This position will interface with the Office Assistant on tasks related to organizational functions and support of the Management Team. The Executive Assistant reports to the Chief Executive Officer.
Work closely with the Chief Executive Officer to ensure all aspects of the Executive Office & Administration are running smoothly.
Board & Committee Support
- Handle board administrative tasks including:
- Prepare all materials for the monthly Board of Directors Meetings, in collaboration with the CEO and Board President.
- Interface with the Board of Directors, when needed.
- Prepare materials for the meetings, including prepping the agenda, and working with the Board President and/or CEO, on any and all tasks related to the Board meetings.
- Set up and manage all preparation for presentations: PowerPoint, video conferencing, and calls.
- Manages catering for board meetings and events, in collaboration with team members.
- Manage transactions and maintain receipts and accurate expense coding for monthly reconciliation with the finance team
- Support the development team with donation processing including:
- Support donor solicitations
- Manage development logistics including ordering supplies, event planning, and supporting the development team in all event follow-ups, including data entry and acknowledgement letters
Executive Office/Administrative Tasks
- Provide excellent customer service including answering, screening, and transferring inbound phone calls
- Prepares management team meetings and materials
- Management of the CEO calendar, appointments, and meetings
- Maintain a productive and clean working environment
- Arrange travel and maintain appropriate records and receipts, for accounting purposes
- Upload expense receipts in Accounting system; learn systems to track expenses
- Overall administrative support for organizational functions, as needed
Other Duties as Assigned: Non-essential job duties and/or non-related tasks may be assigned from time to time. The San Francisco Education Fund is a small non-profit agency requiring flexibility from its staff.
Required Qualifications: Previous executive office/administrative work experience; service-oriented mentality with client first approach; High level of skill in PowerPoint and video conferencing technologies & comfortable with details; interfacing with a wide variety of personalities; excellent interpersonal, communication; impeccable attention to detail; strong document management, quality control, and organizational skills; adaptable and comfortable working in fast-paced, ambiguous environments; professional demeanor, ability to work well within a team and individually; action-oriented problem-solving abilities; knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite. Candidate must pass a criminal background check.
Desired Qualifications: Passion for education and desire to aid students; interest in and commitment to public education and/or volunteer service; prior work in education, foundations or nonprofits; experience with Salesforce or general experience with databases preferred; bi-lingual skills in English and Spanish and/or Cantonese preferred but not required.
To Apply: AA/EOE. No phone calls, please. Email cover letter, and resume as one Word document or PDF file to Isabella Gordillo at email@example.com with “Executive Assistant” in the subject line. Resumes submitted without cover letters will not be reviewed. This position will remain open until filled; complete applications will be reviewed as they are received.
Download this page as a PDF.