“In a time when it seems like no one is looking after public education, it is good to know that something as organized, efficient and positive as the Education Fund exists.”
Fifth Grade Teacher, SFUSD
With the support of our donors, we were able to:
- Place more than 800 volunteers in San Francisco’s public schools.
- Engage students as leaders who invested more than 15,000 hours strengthing their schools through our Peer Resources program.
- Train and support 106 teachers to examine their practice and make necessary changes to better serve African American and Latino students.
- Launch the first teacher residency on the West coast.
- Target college and career interventions that impacted more than 2,500 high school students.
- Partner with 13 leading businesses to bring volunteers, financial and in-kind resources to under-served schools.
- Provide teachers with trained volunteer interpreters who interpreted more than 193 conversations during parent-teacher conferences, counselor meetings and school-wide events.
- Pilot a volunteer literacy program where volunteers were specially trained to work with students who are one grade level behind.
- Spearhead our annual Thank a Teacher Today campaign to organize San Franciscans to thank teachers for their dedication to our City’s young people.
- Work with more than 40 college access providers to align student services with the school’s specific college goals, reduce overlap and fill in gaps.
Learn more about our recent accomplishments in our annual report.